Saturday 26 January 2008

Ngarimu Bay and on to Waiheke Island








Pretty gentle day as I was going to see Pete and Jacqui who i met on the East Cape who invited me to stay at their house which has an awesome deck. Lots of lying around and swimming on the way and such like and spent a really nice evening with them. Jacqui made a really nice risotto and I had a big comfy double bed.
Headed off after breakfast and had another laid back day. Great little beach at Wilson`s Bay and then got the ferry at Coromandel harbour in the late afternoon. Beautiful road with a couple of big hills but fantastic views and nice and sunny so well worth it. Bumped into fellow bicylist Terry who I met the day before who has been moseying around the North Island. He told me he`d been done for speeding twice on his bike. Once in the UK where he was actually taken to court and fined by the police. He has the certificate framed. This also happenned in New Zealand but I think the cop gave up the argument in the end. He is clearly a dangerous man. I hit 70k per hour downhill the other day so I shall obviously have to be careful. On the way there were some kids selling tangelos which was very welcome.

No comments: