Saturday 26 January 2008

Coromandel





Nice road and a big climb upto the hill over looking Coromandel. Beautiful silver light with all the islands spread out below. THe motor camp there wanted $28 for the night which seemed a bit steep so found a spot a few kilometres south of the town in a feild by a side road after checking it seemed to be empty and put up my tent there. Full moon, clear sky for the first time for nearly a week. Weird hissing noise in the night sort of like a very large snake with a bit of a cold. Anyway didn`t seem to get any nearer so eventually went to sleep. Next morning a ute came by just as I was getting up and a guy told me I shouldn`t really be there though on learning of the price of the campsite agreed he`d have done the same. Then he asked me if I`d seen the big old ram which apparently usually hangs out further down the field round the corner.


Do rams hiss?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow those photographs are incredible! x