Tuesday 15 January 2008

Maraehako Bay







Good ride with no big hills. Ended up in beautiful bay round the north coast of the cape with a great campsite. Couldn`t find any replacement gas cylinders for my little stove and so i`d run out but Pete and Jacqui kindly let me use theirs and invited me to their fire with some fellow campers. So i made my dinner and was then plied with Macadamia chocolate and some fine port. Next morning I borrowed Jacqui`s kayak and went for an awesome little paddle on the sea. There is a little bay you get to through a little channel out from the beach and it was so beautiful. Surfed my way in on a wave. Good way to start the day.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yo bro. Your blog is so funny by the way. I am back in Marcilhac for a few days, do wish you were here too. Twisted my knee skiing but managed to ride to Monteill and back and then St Sulpice and back today so can't be too bad. I am very very good at skiing, not so good at stopping though. Call us!!! Home on Friday x