Sunday 16 December 2007

Oamaru - where I get to ride a Penny Farthing!






Arranged to meet David Wilson (no relation) the president of the Oamaru Ordinary Cycle club who picked me up from the YHA looking very dapper and drove me to their new building where over the next few months they will be making a workshop in the back to build and maintain bicycles and in the front people will be able to rent Penny Farthings from the club.
So he asked if I`d like to get up on one, well, yes and then after helping up and then out to the square outside the building asked if I`d like to give it a go. How fun! Was kind of scary up there and requires great concentration as the incentive not to fall off at that height is pretty strong but rode around for a few minutes. What a buzz. I may also possibly be one of the only people to ride a Penny Farthing wearing jandals (flip flops). Thanks David!

No comments: