Tuesday 11 December 2007

Dunedin to Oamaru






Finally left Dunedin after sorting Monty out with some brake pads. Ended up just before dark in a farmers freshly cut field. Usually try to find somewhere more secluded and less obviously farmland but it was almost dark and I thought wouldn`t be seen. Got into tent in the dark, 5 minutes later some lights and an engine. Hmmm...Farmer said that he`d give me some money for the charity if he had any and to watch out for the rain tomorrow. How very very nice. Not a get orf my land in sight!
Next day to Moeraki Boulders. These are embedded in the cliff and over time have been left on the beach as the coast is gradually eroded. Like the Gods playing marbles. Very strange.
Then to Shag Point where I spent a bit of time Wwoofing 5 years ago for Steven who as it turned out is still there and has turned his old bach into a fantastic little house with an awesome view of the ocean. He gave me tea and fine cake made by an old lady. And as we all know old ladies make the best cake. In Oamaru and tomorrow I meet the man in charge of the Penny Farthing Club!

No comments: