Monday 10 March 2008

And finally...









































After a pretty quiet night in Auckland (OK the cars are only mental on the weekend) got the train from Auckland to Wellington. Pretty cool train. At the rear is a huge picture window and near the front is a little area to stand outside and watch it all go by. Fine views of Mount Ruapehu. The driver had something to do so he let me drive the train the last half of the journey. I wasn`t sure what all the knobs and lights meant but he gave me the list of station stops and told me to obey the speed limits unless we were running a bit late.
Hooked up with Holly and friends for a few drinks and enjoyed my comfy double bed for about 4 hours before getting up for the ferry to Picton. I took the Bluebridge one this time which had a fantastically cheap cafe.
The train ride to Christchurch was beautiful. There had been a typhoon passing pretty close the day before so the ocean had huge ways and a lovely sea mist between the hills and the sea for much of the journey. Beats the bus hands down. And this train has a really big outdoor viewing area.
Ryan and Katie met me at the station.
Coupla days in Christchurch and then, at last, back to Wanaka.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No way did you drive the train! Pants on fire!